Actions and Detail Panel
Recruiting & retaining people with disabilities & health conditions
Fri 9 December 2016, 13:00 – 16:00 GMT
Recruiting and retaining people with disabilities and health conditions
Succeeding in business is your top priority. So finding the best people is essential.
Over 7 million people (17.5% of the working age population) in the UK are disabled or have a health condition.
You can become Disability Confident by recruiting and retaining disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent. Being Disability Confident could help you discover someone your business just can’t do without. It can benefit your business by:
- enabling you to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- enabling you to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- saving time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- helping you keep valuable skills and experience
- reducing the levels and costs of sickness absences
- improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly.
By building a reputation as a Disability Confident employer that actively seeks out and hires skilled disabled people, you will be helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures - not just in your immediate business but in your networks, supply chains and the communities around you.
See how your business can benefit from being Disability Confident by attending our Employer Event