Actions and Detail Panel
Reduce the need to nag: How to increase motivation, drive and focus (10.30a...
Tue 16 May 2017, 10:30 – 11:45 BST
Reduce the need to nag: How to increase motivation, drive and focus (10.30am)
The award-winning Tougher Minds consultancy is staging a series of family Masterclasses in Blackheath village, starting this May. The events will show simple and practical techniques for enhancing well-being and reducing stress for every member of the family. The training allows parents to offer additional support to their children, in their studies and in their lives outside the classroom. It is for parents with children of all ages, including pre-prep, prep and primary.
Tougher Minds works with schools in the state and private sector. Their programmes offer benefits for young people at all stages of education:
• Entrance and 11 plus exams.
• Prep-to-senior school transitions.
• Preparing for GCSE exam success.
• Maximise A level performance.
• Preparing for university interviews and entrance exams – including to Oxbridge and highly competitive areas such as medicine and law.
What other families say
Feedback from parents and young people who have experienced Tougher Minds programmes:
• “The concepts, the processes and the techniques were very practical for my wife and I. It was applied knowledge with real things that actually made a difference.”
• “I came to do the programme to support my son with his studies but also felt there was potential benefit to use these skills in a personal and work context.”
• “It taught me it’s not just about how much knowledge you have, it’s also about the positive mindset, confidence and positive thinking. It taught me about building up to my end goal.”
• “Without Tougher Minds I do not think that I would have achieved the grades I did.”
The consultancy was a key part of the winning entry by Colfe’s School in Lee, in the Education Initiative of the Year category at the 2014 Independent School Awards. Tougher Minds has also produced learning and revision guides for The Sunday Telegraph newspaper. In the business sector, Tougher Minds works with wide range of companies and professions including many senior executives in high-pressure roles in the City of London.