San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Regulatory Compliance Awareness Workshop
For small businesses with employees.
Compliance means conforming to a rule, such as a specification, policy, standard or law.
Regulatory Compliance describes the goal that organisations aspire to achieve in their efforts to ensure that they are aware of and take steps to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
This workshop will give an awareness of the areas of regulation that may apply to a business and how to go about developing compliance controls as a response to the ever increasing number of regulations and need for operational transparency.
It will cover:
• How compliance and risk should operate together;
• The UK legislation framework and potential compliance issues
o Health & Safety
o HR and employing people
o Sales to consumers;
• EU legislation and the impact of Brexit;
• National regulators,
o FCA (Financial Conduct Authority),
o Environment Agency,
o Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and
o the Care Quality Commission (CQC);
• Local regulators,
o Environmental Health and
o Trading Standards;
• Industry regulations,
o PCI DSS
o Advertising Standards Authority (ASA);
• The UK Corporate Governance Code issued by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC); and
• Developing compliance controls to ensure that all necessary governance requirements can be met without the unnecessary duplication of effort and activity from resources