Actions and Detail Panel
Reliable Energy and Storage (BESA & CIBSE Joint Event)
Thu 23 March 2017, 14:00 – 16:30 GMT
CIBSE East Anglia and BESA would like to invite you to a free 2 part technical seminar about reliable energy sources and complementary energy prolongation techniques:
Firstly, Edward Richmond, Director of Low Energy Building Products will discuss Phase Change Materials and Complementary Cooling Techniques, covering:-
• About Low Energy Building Products
• Background of Phase Change Materials
• Composition of Phase Change Materials (Bio/ Mineral)
• Thermal Heat Storage Capacity of Materials/ Thermal Mass
• Reasons for using PCM- Energy Savings, Value Proposition against mechanical plant.
• Use of PCM with Natural Ventilation to reduce overheating
• Use of PCM with Mechanical Ventilation to reduce plant size (improvements in energy efficiency, runs less hard- less noise, locations with space constraints for plant)
• Applications and Case Studies
Followed by a short coffee intermission and then an exploration of the following:
“If only clean energy was less costly than coal, oil or gas, then global energy use could rapidly become zero-carbon and fossil fuels would be left underground.
To get there, the world needs a major publicly-funded research initiative, on a similar scale to the 1960s US Apollo programme, to develop renewables, smart grids and energy storage to make zero-carbon baseload electricity cheaper than coal within 10 years.”
The lecture goes on to explore the differing technologies available in energy storage
The speaker Brian Turner, CEng, MIMechE, MEI, CDipAF is a retired engineer with operational, design and manufacturing experience of rotating electrical machines, with an interest in the alternative energy industry, especially storage and including flywheels and wind turbines.
Cheese and wine will be provided afterwards for networking.
If you have any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.