San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The RCSLT Dementia Campaign launches in May 2014!
Take that challenge!
ÑExpand your knowledge of practical approaches and different ideas about working with people with dementia in inpatient and community settings.
ÑBuild links and share experiences with other SLTs working in dementia.
Dr Sunil Babu, Consultant in Psychiatry of Old Age, Surrey and Borders Partnership Foundation NHS Trust
Justine Vella, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, St George’s NHS Trust.
Charly Harris, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Penny Garner, Founder and Clinical Director, Contented Dementia Trust www.contenteddementiatrust.org
Lorna O'Kane, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist, National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery
1) To increase understanding of diagnosis and medical management of people with dementia.
2) To develop awareness of a number of practical approaches to supporting people with dementia at all stages of their condition.
3) To maintain and improve awareness of the latest RCSLT position paper on dementia care and the evidence supporting the paper.
4) To support networking between colleagues in similar fields and enable sharing of ideas (e.g. case discussions, research opportunities, therapy successes, referral routes, resources etc.)
5) To increase insight into the impact of SLT intervention with people with dementia.
When & Where
London Adult Neuro CEN (Speech Therapy)
Previously SIG Adult Neuro (SIGAN)