The next workshop in our series, which started with our events in early 2013, is entitled ‘The Neuroscience of Gender’. It offers different content from those workshops, so you don’t need to have attended them to attend this one.
Are you interested in any of the following questions:
- What is the difference in structure between female and male brains?
- How might male and female brains function differently?
- What evidence is there for different skills and abilities in females and males?
- What might and might not work when wanting to increase diversity?
If you are curious about these – and similar - questions, then this is the workshop for you. Neuroscience is providing new and cutting edge information about how our brains operate and is stimulating new thinking about what makes us – and others - tick. It is also becoming increasingly recognised as a key tool in the development of high-impact leadership, employee engagement and effective decision-making.
Leadership coaches Megan Evans and Lindsay Wittenberg are working in partnership with neuroscientist Dr Geoff Bird, of the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London, and the Institute of Cognitive Science, UCL. The workshop will blend Geoff’s presentations with the opportunity to reflect in groups and individually on how we want to integrate our learning from those presentations into our practice, both as leaders ourselves and as developers of others’ leadership.
Dr Geoff Bird is unique as a practising academic neuroscientist – supervising experiments and publishing research – as he is also trained as an executive coach and is able to translate his findings to the business and organisational world. For more information on Dr Geoff Bird please see http://www.neuroscienceforbusiness.com/
Besides the learning that the event will offer, this will be a valuable opportunity for you to network with your peers in coaching, consultancy, leadership development, training, financial services and related fields.
Here are some testimonials from recent events:
• “Most of all I enjoyed the conversations with new people and your focus on ensuring that we embed the new learning and take it away with us.”
• “Thank you for arranging such an interesting and relevant workshop on the Neuroscience of Wellbeing with Dr. Geoff Bird last week. I found the content extremely informative and Dr Bird’s clear, organised and obviously credible material to be hugely useful. I very much enjoyed the afternoon and found it to be of immense professional value."
• “A very interesting and authoritative guest presenter, some serious and interesting participants, and a clever mix of expert input and participant exercises: thank you for a fascinating and enjoyable afternoon.”
• "Many thanks to you, Megan, and of course Geoff for organising last week's workshop. I found it so useful and stimulating."
Book early: our previous events have sold out very quickly. The closing date for this event is the day before the event. Early bird tickets are available at a discount, first come first served.
Please note: 1) We have had to add VAT so apologies for changes in price. 2) We are happy to offer refunds up until a week before the event if the event is sold-out and we have a waiting list. If for any reason you cannot attend, you may also find someone to take your place and let us know their name. If the event is not sold out, sorry we can not offer a refund.
Save This Event
When & Where
Lindsay Wittenberg and Megan Evans are both Leadership Coaches. They are interested in neuroscience and the application of neuroscience to coaching and leadership within organisations.