Research and Innovation - Launch of Rike awards 2017/18
Presented by: Katie Hornby, Knowledge Exchange and Business Development Manager, Research and Innovation
Martin Day, Contracts and Bid Support Manager, Research and Innovation
Erin Downey, Research and Innovation Support Officer
The RIKE funding will be launched December 2016 and must be spent by 31st July 2018.
This session aims to explore:
- What is RIKE?
- Benefits to academic staff of getting involved with RIKE
- How we manage RIKE at Southampton Solent University – the whole project lifecycle, including deadlines and process
- Putting together your RIKE budget proposal
- Considering your beneficiaries and impact
- Defining the purpose of the research/ innovation
- Mid-term and end of project reporting Examples of awarded bids
- Risk management
The main objectives for this session are:
- To communicate the main purpose and benefits of RIKE
- To explain the RIKE project lifecycle
- To encourage academic staff to engage with RIKE to increase their exposure to the type of competitive conditions involved in external funding applications.
Who should attend this session?
- All research-active academic staff and academic staff aiming to be more research active.
- Professional services staff who will be supporting RIKE applications for academic staff
- Fixed term research staff
This seminar will target academic staff who wish to increase their exposure to the competitive conditions of external funding
There will be tea and coffee on arrival as well as a networking lunch at the end of the seminar.