How does it work?
The Method adapts the world famous process actors use to transform and perform any role with confidence, authenticity and conviction, into a rigorous business training system that measurably transforms individual and organisational performance.
This module provides a set of simple and effective techniques to prepare for and deal with a difficult conversation, deliver bad news or challenge others behaviour or performance. Discover techniques to get positive outcomes from difficult situations and build the resilience and confidence to control challenging conversations constructively and professionally.
Who is it for?
This module is ideal for anyone in a role where they are required to conduct difficult conversations with colleagues, clients or suppliers and anyone seeking strategies to effectively deliver challenging messages in the workplace.
What do I get out of it?
Using a blend of rigorous theory, experiential learning and interactive formats – this session provides a powerful opportunity to practise and prepare yourself for difficult conversations.
– Build resilience – implement strategies to build your personal resilience and cope more effectively in pressured conversations
– Plan your strategy – use The Method process to rigorously prepare for any difficult conversation or scenario
– Develop increased self-awareness about your behaviour and what it projects to others
– Project calm - look and feel more confident and in control in stressful situations
– Set the tone - create the right atmosphere to ensure the situation is handled in the best way possible
– Use appropriate language - recognise the emotive power of language so that you can use it appropriately in any situation
– Make the message clear – focus your conversation and make sure you deliver the key points clearly
– Stay in control – implement coping strategies to feel more in control and discover techniques to appear calm, strong and confident
– Engender trust and respect by listening and communicating with sensitivity and adjusting your status appropriately
13:30 - arrival & refreshments
14:00 - welcome and start of session
17:00 - finish
(refreshments breaks will take place during the session)
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you are unable to attend an event please give at least 1 working day notice and we will be happy to refund 100% of your booking fee or book you on to a subsequent event to the same value. Cancellations received after this time will be non transferable and non refundable.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.