Resilient Leaders,Resilient Organisations, Resilient Teams
Led by Suzanne Neville, Associate Director, Peoplematters
(Lunch will be provided)
Rapid change is the new normal, and to cope leaders need to be agile and resilient. The current level of social, political and technological change provide constant challenges for leaders. There is a call for emotionally intelligent leaders who can engage employees, manage the expectations of stakeholders and board members and ensure that the organisation meets the bottom line.
This workshop will provide opportunities for participants to:
- Identify the key factors of emotionally intelligent leadership and reflect on their own approach to leadership.
- Understand Emotional Intelligence competencies and how they relate to leadership styles
- Understand and use a framework for creating an engaged workforce
- Take home practical applications for developing resilience for themselves, their teams and their organisations
- What do we mean by resilience?
- How will we recognise it?
- Personal leadership footprint
- The impact of our footprint on our team and the organisation
- Emotional intelligence and leadership styles
- Creating an engaged workforce – Control- Competence-Clarity* (*from ‘Turn the Ship Around’, L David Marquet)
- Mechanisms for releasing control
- Mechanisms for developing competence
- Mechanisms for creating clarity
- Case studies
- Practical applications
Delegates will be requested to complete a small amount of pre-course work around 10 days prior to the event.
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more