Getting someone interested in your writing is only the start of the process. This one day event is your chance to learn from successful Writers, Script Editors and Producers about what happens next and offers you a chance to get the insider knowledge you need to build your career.
10.00am - Introduction to the Day
Session 1 – What is a Script Editor? 10.15 – 11.30
Philip Shelly discusses and offers an overview of the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective and successful Script Editor and their role in pre production.
11.30 – 11.45 Coffee break
Session 2 – Working with Producers : 12.00 -1.00
Adrian Mead will interview Producers Turan Ali and Arabella Page-Croft asking
- how Writers are chosen for a project.
- what Producers expect from Writers.
- How to remain professional and build good relationships during the creative process
Lunch: 1.00 – 2.00 - A light lunch is provided allowing you an opportunity to network with fellow delegates and pick the brains of course speakers.
Session 3 - Waking The Dead – An overview of the Script Editor’s job in production. 2.00 – 3.45
Philip Shelley - A case study, with clips, of the Script Editor’s role on Waking The Dead (BBC). This session will cover all the main aspects of a Script Editor’s job.
- The relationship between Producer, Writer and Script Editor.
- Selecting and briefing the Writer
- Dealing with script crises; and much, much more!
COFFEE BREAK – 4.00 – 4.30
Session 4 - Rewrites: The Writer’s POV. 4.30 -5.30
A panel of experienced Screenwriters, Rob Fraser, Louise Ironside and Peter Hynes discuss how they work with Producers and Script Editors including
- what Script Editors can do for you the writer,
- the relationship between Script Editor and Writer on a production,
- how to avoid getting fired!
- The state of the industry
- upcoming career opportunities for Writers and Script Editors.
END OF DAY
CONTRIBUTORS - INFORMATION
- Philip Shelley - Script Editor and Producer- Philip has worked with most of the UK's leading writers and producers. He is also one of the UK's most respected script consultants and trainers http://www.script-consultant.co.uk
- Arabella Page -Croft – Producer, Black Camel pictures. Arabella has successfully produced two features both with international sales and distribution and is currently prepping to shoot her third. http://www.blackcamel.co.uk
- Turan Ali – A former BBC Senior Producer (Drama and Features), he now runs
production company, Bona Broadcasting. Turan has a huge range of experience
as a producer of both TV and radio that covers the world of UK and
international drama and documentary. http://www.bonabroadcasting.com
- Rob Fraser - Writer. Rob has an extensive CV of credits and has worked with all the UK's broadcasters. He has written for Holby City, Taggart, Monarch Of The Glen and many, many others.
- Louise Ironside - Writer. Louise works across TV, radio and stage and is currently writing for BBC Scotland's River City and The Traverse Theatre Edinburgh.
Hynes - Writer and Script Editor. One of the
UK's most prolific and successful writers of live action and animated
children's television with currently over one hundred and eighty TV
programmes scripted and transmitted worldwide. http://uk.linkedin.com/in/peterhynesltd
- Adrian Mead - Writer and Director. Adrian has written or directed a wide range of film and TV projects including, Waking The Dead, The Eustace Brothers, Blue Dove and feature film Night People, winner of the Cineworld BAFTA audience award. www.meadkerr.com
Getting someone interested in your work is only the start of the process. This is your chance to learn from successful Writers, Script Editors and Producers about what happens next.
Book your place now and get the insider knowledge you need to build your career.