San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This seminar is our annual overview of Construction Law and Liability. This half-day event will provide architects and other construction professionals with a review of developments in the law relating to construction contracts, in their own liability exposure and in the resolution of disputes. The seminar will examine recent legal judgments with commentary and explanation aimed at both senior practitioners and those who are more recently qualified, and opportunities for questions and discussion.
• Recent developments in contract law and impact on construction
• Special focus on legal aspects of the client relationship
• Dispute avoidance and resolution update
Speaker: Professor Anthony Lavers LL.B M.Phil Ph.D D.Litt FRICS Barrister
Professor Anthony Lavers LL.B M.Phil Ph.D D.Litt FRICS Barrister is Counsel in the Construction and Engineering Group at global law firm White + Case, where he provides research and advice on international projects and disputes. Anthony Lavers read Law at University College, London (Joseph Hellyer Prize) and the University of Southampton. He taught at the University of Portsmouth and the National University of Singapore where he obtained his Ph.D for a thesis on professional liability in the property and construction professions. Professor Lavers gives lectures on Part III courses at the Architectural Association, Cambridge, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham and on the M.Sc in Construction Law at King’s College, London. He is External Examiner on the M.Sc Construction Law at the British University in Dubai. Professor Lavers was awarded a D.Litt by the University of Portsmouth for ‘published work of high distinction’.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations for pay-as-you-go tickets are permitted up to 10 working days before the event, delegate substitutions are accepted at any time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation/substitution requests.
- An email will be sent to confirm your place on receipt of your booking. A second email confirming venue along with map/directions will be sent to you approx. 7-10 days before the event.
- Bookings at the member rates will only be accepted if accompanied by a valid membership number.
- If you require a purchase order to be quoted on your invoice this must be supplied at the time of booking.