Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This presentation will explain the Lean approach and its introduction to construction projects, covering:
• A short history of Lean and its benefits in other industries
• What the “Six Sigma” and “Muda” methodologies are
• Who is doing Lean, and why
• Why Lean is used in Brazil and Canada and yet not much in the UK
• How Lean can be used in architectural design
• Lean tools, techniques and take aways that can be applied in practice.
This session will highlight the importance of collaboration in client leadership and how visual management can be used to provide detailed project planning, identify resource deficiencies, and key construction activities that may affect customer programme.
Using case studies, the speaker will help delegates identify where waste can occur in a project, and illustrate how it can be designed out to benefit both the client and the architect. An insight into the use of Lean methodologies by contractors such as Laing O’Rourke, Carillion and Balfour Beatty will be given together with an overview of how architects in the USA are capitalising upon its use.
Speaker: David Adamson RIBA, Sellafield Ltd and Derek Drysdale, Lean Construction Institute
David is a chartered architect and has worked for 8 years on new housing projects in Liverpool City Architects Local Authority Department, and for nearly 30 years in the Nuclear Industry for BNFL and Sellafield Ltd. He gained a Master’s degree from UCLAN on researching sustainability in the Nuclear Industry in 2010 and was chairman of CIRIA’s Environmental & Sustainability Advisory Panel for 6 years. Here, he oversaw the publication of Lean Construction in 2011 and a follow up series of Lean guides in 2014. David was involved in the formation of the Lean Construction Institute North West Community of Practice in 2011 and joined the LCI-UK Board of Directors in 2014.
Derek is a chartered civil engineer, and previously chartered nuclear engineer. He has 35 years’ experience at senior executive level within large highway, railway, nuclear and general construction organisations, with projects in both the UK and US. Derek has had a passion for continuous improvement using Lean thinking throughout his career having implemented Value Management Programmes in both Nuclear and Railway organisations.
Core Curriculum topics: 1. Climate 2. Designing and building it
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations for pay-as-you-go tickets are permitted up to 10 working days before the event, delegate substitutions are accepted at any time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation/substitution requests.
- An email will be sent to confirm your place on receipt of your booking. A second email confirming venue along with map/directions will be sent to you approx. 7-10 days before the event.
- Bookings at the member rates will only be accepted if accompanied by a valid membership number.
- If you require a purchase order to be quoted on your invoice this must be supplied at the time of booking.