San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Rise 4 Disability
RISE 4 Disability is an exciting event for health professionals and people with disabilities to Resource and Identify Suitable Equipment.
RISE is an exhibition and networking event, bringing all the latest new and exciting innovations that are made to aid.
Our Conference will be based around suitable equipment applications and will feature presentations on, how to source for suitable products, telecare, postural management, assistive technology, home adaptations, dementia and potential funding for equipment and services.
Time Description With
How Electronic Assistive Technology can provide independence for disabled people
* How computer technology can improve a disabled person’s independence
* Using real life case studies and demonstrations of technology
* Finding solutions to help disabled people lead a more independent life
The professional use of social media for Continued Professional Development(CPD)
* Social Media Platforms – Uses / Limitations
* Ethical Consideration
* HCPC / Profession specific / Employer guidelines
* How to demonstrate CPD when using social media
* Leaving time for questions and discussion.
Mark Ripley (Handicare)
12:45-13:45Correctly Specifying a Ceiling Track Hoist
Nick Kent (OpeMed)
The Importance of Specialist Seating
* Why good posture is important to help stabilize/correct (where possible) posture. How this translates into improved quality of life.
* How the correct seating can prevent pressure injury.
* The importance of a full assessment.
* Understanding the client’s needs and preferences in terms of aesthetics and comfort (to avoid equipment abandonment).
Rebecca Jones (Careflex)
24hr postural management and sourcing relative equipment for PMLD
* Introduction to 24-hour postural management for PMLD
* Sharing good practice: example of 24-hour postural management programs
* Using the Disability distress assessment tool (DisDAT) as a postural management outcome measure (DisDAT © 2008 Northumberland Tyne & Wear NHS Trust and St. Oswald's Hospice)
* Sourcing equipment with Made2aid
* Key products of interest: Chilli bean, The D pillow, Onion T-Roll, Cool-over sheets, Gait trainer/standing hoist
Jade Godier (Co-Founder of Made2aid) & Beverley Hughan (Learning Disability Specialist Senior Physiotherapist)
** Questions about our conferences or Speed Sourcing workshop? Call 01268 206251 or email us (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Each seminar will hold 150 delegates and all attendees will receive certification which can go towards their CPD!
Speed Sourcing Workshop
Our Speed Sourcing Workshop that allows for quick, hands-on and in-depth product demonstrations.
These will be carried out throughout the day, so don't miss your chance to get up close with some exciting products that are hitting the market.
Time Description With
9:30-10:30 Moving & Handling Wealden Rehab, OpeMed
10:30-11:30 Paediatric AAT, Wealden Rehab, Baffin Technology Systems
11:30-12:30 Bathing & Showering AAT, Wealden Rehab, Astor Bannerman
12:30-13:30 Seating & Mobility Careflex,Mybility,Quantum
14:30-15:30 Sleeping & Positioning AAT
15:30-16:30 Sensory Integration Rhino
90+ Exhibitors showcasing a range of products and services including: -
- Mobility Products
- Bathing & Toileting
- Assistive Technologies
- Power Chairs
- & much more!
Check out http://www.rise4disability.com and click on exhibitors to find all companies exhibiting.
Browse our mini market to purchase essential daily living aids!
Plus there will be Lunch & Refreshments available to purchase.
Type of Exhibition
Disability Products Exhibition
Occupational Therapy Exhibition
Occupational Therapist Exhibition
More information can be found at: www.rise4disability.com
Email us at: email@example.com
Save This Event
When & Where
Made2Aid is a FREE, IMPARTIAL website that offers a specialist search engine to source information on products, CPD training, Events as well as charitable advice and funding.
Our specialst search engine enables you to refine your searches by specific criteria depending on your specific needs.
We are a ONE STOP SHOP for all your requirements, and through our product profiles you can COMPARE PRODUCTS, request information and quotes. You can even request DEMONSTRATIONS and ASSESSMENTS or purchase products via our online store, saving you much needed time from your busy schedules!