Join us in 2017 for Rising Strong™ Workshop
“The truth is that falling hurts. The dare is to keep being brave and feel your way back up” – Brené Brown
Rising Strong™ is a process based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. Her pioneering work uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability – the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome – is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy: We are inevitably going to stumble and fall.
The Rising Strong™ process is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending.
Rising Strong™ Workshop
We all go through struggle - asking somebody out that does not want us, expressing our feelings and not being understood, saying something at work that didn’t land very well; the list is endless - failing feels painful and can trigger shame, disappointment and a whole range of emotions and thoughts.
Sometimes we avoid pursuing our heart desires because we fear failing. And sometimes when we do, we don’t get back up and we give up. But if we want to break away from the crowd and live wholehearted lives, we have to be courageous and different; doing this inevitable means we will sometimes fall.
This workshop is all about learning to get back up and how to become a highly resilient individual. How do we bounce back from failure? How do you recover from being exposed?
By taking part in the Rising Strong™ Workshop you will learn how to apply the Rising Strong™ process to your day-to-day life and become empowered to write wholehearted new endings to your stories. You will also:
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Become familiar with the Rising Strong process and goals - rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives.
- Raise your awareness about: the feelings associated with emotions, your response to emotion, and how emotion, thought, and behavior are interconnected.
- Practice and build skills to engage with and experience emotion, including mindfulness and breathing.
- Deepen your emotional vocabulary and self-awareness
- Comprehend that as humans, we have meaning-making in our biology and are compelled to make up stories – even if they are based on incomplete information.
- Reclaim and integrate orphaned parts of yourself and celebrate that wholeness through creative expression.
The Rising Strong™ workshop is an interactive mix of -
- Psycho experiential and educational exploration
- Viewings of videos from Brené, created specifically for Rising Strong™
- Group discussions
- Creative exercises
- Self reflection and inquiry
In 2017, the workshop will be taking place on these dates:
- May: Saturday 6th (10am - 6pm) and Sunday 7th (10am - 5.30pm)
- September: Saturday 23rd (10am - 6pm) and Sunday 24th (10am - 5.30pm)
Included in the registration fee -
- Your personal Rising Strong™ workbook
- Light refreshments during the weekend
- Post workshop activity
- One 50 min Skype coaching session with one of the facilitators (to take place within 3 months of completion of the workshop)
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Brené Brown Endowed Chair at the Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past fifteen years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of three #1 New York Times Bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, and Rising Strong.
Her TED talk - The Power of Vulnerability - is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 25 million viewers.
Brené is the Founder and CEO for The Daring Way™, COURAGEworks – an online learning platform that offers classes for individuals and families on braver living and loving, and BRAVE LEADERS INC – a platform that brings her latest research on leadership development and culture change to teams, leaders, entrepreneurs, change makers, and culture shifters.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Steve, and their children Ellen and Charlie.
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com.
Save This Event
When & Where
The School of Social Enterprenuers (The Old Fire Station)
139 Tooley St
(Entrance on Abbotts Lane)
SE1 2HZ London
The Daring Way™ method was designed for work with individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational, and professional settings. During the process we explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify the new choices and practices that will move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and developing daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent, and lead.
Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com.