One in four Black men will be affected by prostate cancer at some point in their lives. We want Black men to be more aware of their risk and where to go for help and support, and we want to inspire everyone to join Men United and help beat prostate cancer. And we'd like you to help by becoming a Roadshow Volunteer at one of our planned events over the summer.
How you can help
As part of the Roadshow team, you'll be representing our charity, helping us set up the Roadshow, talking to passers-by about Men United and encouraging people to sign up.
We're particularly interested in hearing from people from the Black community for this role.
You can sign up to any of the following locations and dates:
- Leeds: 8 & 9 August
- Manchester: 15 August
- Sheffield: 16 August
- Birmingham: 22 & 23 August
- Nottingham: 29 August
- Bristol: 30 August
- Lewisham, London: 5 September
- Lambeth London: 6 September
- Southwark, London: 12 September
- Hackney, London: 13 September
Times at all locations will be 9.30am to 4.30pm.
What you will get from volunteering
- Experience of running an event within local communities
- A chance to develop direct communication skills
- The opportunity to explain, convince and inform
- The knowledge that you've helped change men's lives