San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Two giants on one bill. Robert Wrigley, whose most recent book, The Church of Omnivorous Light, is published in the UK by Bloodaxe, is one of America’s greatest living poets, an acute and unsentimental observer of a natural world he finds both beautiful and brutal. As influenced by Keats as it is by Wallace Stevens, Wrigley’s writing embodies his belief poetry should reach beyond the confines of academia as it stretches to ‘tell all the truth, but make it sing’. John Burnside, who has also written penetratingly about the natural world, is one of only two poets to have won both the T.S. Eliot and Forward Prizes with the same collection (Black Cat Bone, Jonathan Cape).
When & Where
Scottish Poetry Library Events Programme
- We ask ticket buyers to pay the Eventbrite ticket booking fee, included in your ticket price if you purchase online, as otherwise the cost of selling tickets online is prohibitive for us as a charity. If you do not wish to pay the ticket fee, you are most welcome to purchase your tickets in person at the SPL reception desk any time before your event, provided it is not sold out. Tickets purchased in person will not incur a booking fee however tickets bought for the event on the day will be charged at the price advertised on Eventbrite.
- If you need a carer/companion to help you access this event, they will be eligible for a free ticket to the event. Please contact email@example.com.
- We are unable to provide refunds for events if you cannot attend. If we have to cancel an event due to unforeseen emergencies such as extreme weather conditions, we will refund all ticket buyers for the full cost of their tickets.
- Concession tickets apply to children (under 15), students (with valid matriculation card), Young Scot card holders, Senior Citizens, Disability (Carers go free), Claimants (Jobseekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit), NHS employees (with proof of employment).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.