The Register of Landbased Operatives (ROLO) Health & Safety and Environmental awareness course has been designed to increase the profile of health and safety and thereby reduce the number of accidents causing harm to operatives within the land-based sector. It also take into account the need to align to professional standards such as the competency framework demanded by National Highways Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS18) for the Environment and Landscape including ecology.
The aims of the scheme are to:
- Provide a means of identification
- Keeping a record of workers in the landbased industry who have achieved a recognised level of competence
- Raise the standards of Health and Safety to reduce the risks and accidents throughout the industry
- Encourage employers to use only ROLO card holders who have accredited Health and Safety Training.
- Provide a recognised route for health and safety training in the National Highway Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS) accreditation.
- Provide an industry specific accredited route to CSCS.
- Move towards an increasingly qualified workforce, thus improving customer satisfaction and the industry’s image.
- Accident Prevention
- Health & Safety Law
- Management of Health and Safety
- Site Inspections and Fault Reporting
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety on Landbased Sites and Projects
- Electrical Safety
- Working at Height
- Work Equipment
- Safe use of Hand Tools
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Workplace Vehicles and Transport
- Hand Arm Vibration
- Safety Signs
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- Welfare issues
- Landbased Industry Health Hazards
- Environmental Issues
- Recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Improved health and safety awareness
Who should attend
The ROLO Scheme (Registration of Land based Operatives) is open to anyone who works in the Land based Industry. This includes labour only, self-employed and employees of companies.
The course lasts for one day.
There is a 35 minute multiple choice examination at the end of the course. Delegates must pass the exam in order to achieve the ROLO qualification.
The fees below are based on delegates attending one of our open courses.
If you have four or more people requiring training, you might find it more cost effective for us to deliver the training in-house.
The fees are £175 + VAT and are include the cost of all course materials, the ROLO application and refreshments.
When & Where
Penarth Management Limited
Penarth Management Limited specialises in compliance consultancy and training for Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety related subjects.
Based in Cardiff, South Wales, we have a team of consultants who provide specialist support, training and guidance to client companies from a broad spectrum of industry sectors throughout the UK. Wherever possible, our consultants are geographically located to offer the best possible service to our clients. In addition to a team based in South Wales, we now have regional consultants who are based in the Midlands, London, the South-West and Scotland. All of our consultants and trainers are supported by a strong Administrative support team.
For further details see www.penarth.co.uk.