Romance Festival 2014
Saturday, 7 June 2014 at 14:00 - Sunday, 8 June 2014 at 20:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join JILL MANSELL, BARBARA FREETHY, LINDSEY KELK, SHEILA O’FLANAGAN, BELLA ANDRE and many more fabulous authors at our FIRST VIRTUAL ROMANCE FESTIVAL
Join us on the weekend of the 7th and 8th of June to meet your favourite romantic fiction authors, chat to other readers and writers, and get the lowdown on the best in romance, all without leaving the comfort of your own home!
We have a stellar line-up of authors involved, too many to list here. The LINE-UP is here
So, what can you expect from the festival?
Here are just a few things happening over the weekend. But don't forget you'll need to register above to be sent the full programme with timings.
Romance Festival Programme
Saturday 7th June – Author Day – Professional development day
Ask industry editors for tips and advice with our hourly #ScriptDoctor
- YA #ScriptDoctor with Emily Thomas, publisher at Hot Key Books and Anna Baggaley, editor at Mira.
- Women’s fiction #ScriptDoctor with Kimberley Young, publishing director at HarperCollins and Sally Williamson, editor at Mira.
- Digital #ScriptDoctor with Charlotte Ledger, editor at HarperImpulse and Lucy Gilmour, editor at Carina.
*NEW to the programme
A Google Hangout with Cindy Gallop, CEO of MakeLoveNotPorn.
Find out about the aims of #realworldsex. Cindy is a hugely succesful business person and a highly impressive individual. A wonderful opportunity for us all to gain from her views, insight and experience.
Getting the most out of Goodreads
- Twitter Q&A with Ami Greko, Book Marketing Strategist at Goodreads
Advice on how to work with literary agents
- Twitter Q&A with Carole Blake, Literary agent at Blake Friedmann and author of From Pitch to Publication.
Tips on how to get your book reviewed
- Q&A with The Bookseller’s Carole Rentzenbrink
Tips from multi-million selling authors
- Google Hangout with Barbara Freethy and Bella Andre
Advice for new authors
- Q&A with Orna Ross, author and founder of the Alliance of Independent Authors.
How to create great book covers
- Q&A with Kat Roden of Fixabook
Tips on making writing your career
- Q&A with author and journalist Tess Stimson
Q&A with online retailers
- Details tbc
More tips, advice, information throughout the day on:-
- Book marketing
- Journeys to publication
- Writing serial romance
- How to write a bonk-buster
- How to use Pinterest
- Book PR
- Legal issues authors face
- Keeping up with the book business
- Networking skills
- How to use Wattpad
- Using freelancers
- Early stage of career
- Screen play and novel writing tips
- And much much more.
Sunday 8th June – Fan day
If you love romance and erotic fiction and love authors, this is the day for you:-
- Mhairi McFarlane will interview Jill Mansell and find out about her new book
- Sheila O’Flanagan will be interviewed on Twitter
- Google Hangout with Lindsey Kelk
- RomCom Google Hangout with Katy Regan, Alexandra Brown, Mhairi McFarlane
- Historical romance hour with your favourite authors
- Witching hour with the best in paranormal romance
- Romance in YA discussion hosted by Liz De Jager
- Facebook chat with Marie Force
- Love letters with Carmel Harrington
- The men of romance session
- Erotic hour
- Discussion on the taboos in romance
- Dating tips
- Wedding advice from Samantha Birch
Plus loads of book cover reveals, give-aways and prizes.
All you have to do is register and the programme timings will be sent to you on Friday.
We are delighted that so many publishers and indies alike have embraced the festival. With particular thanks to Mills & Boon, Headline Eternal, Piatkus Entice, Crimson Romance, Ruston Hutton, Hot Key Books, Piccadilly and to the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s support, our media partner We Love This Book and the Alliance of Independent Authors
Ready to bring some romance to your life? Sign up for FREE now.
Brought to you by:
HarperCollins, HarperImpulse, Avon, Mills & Boon, Piatkus Entice, Crimson Romance, Headline Eternal, Ruston Hutton, Hot Key Books, Piccadilly
We Love This Book, Romantic Novelists' Association, Alliance of Independent Authors