Roundtable 6: Competition and European Interaction
This event is a roundtable discussion on topics covered within the Open Standards: Open Opportunities public consultation.
This event replaces the roundtable 1, which covered the same topic. Output from roundtable 1 will not be considered as part of the evidence for the consultation - see the GDS blog for further details.
Note that this event will be recorded and may be made publicly available.
2) Discussion on the following questions raised in the consultation:
- Are there any legal or procurement barriers to mandating specific open standards in the UK Government's IT?
- Is the proposed UK policy compatible with European policies, directives and regulations (existing or planned) such as the European Interoperability Framework version 2.0 and the reform proposal for European Standardisation?
- Will the open standards policy be beneficial or detrimental for innovation and competition in the UK and Europe?
4) Engaging on open standards in the future
4.30pm - close
- Stimulate a transparent debate
- Encourage considered responses to the online public consultation
- Build an ongoing dialogue relating to standards in government IT