Actions and Detail Panel
Routes to Retrofit - Spring 2017
Sat, 4 Mar 2017, 09:30 – Sat, 11 Mar 2017, 12:30 GMT
ROUTES TO RETROFIT SEMINARS
*This training is now full, however do sign up to the waiting list in case tickets become available*
Planning and Delivering Energy Efficiency Retrofit works for householders
- 9.30-12,30pm, Saturday 4th March 2017
- 9.30-12,30pm, Saturday 11th March 2017
Earlybird tickets available book before 31st Jan 2017.
WHAT: Planning on an eco-home make over to reduce energy bills and do your bit for the environment? Confused about what to prioritise, which professionals to appoint and how to approach contractors?
As part of our 'Routes to Retrofit' programme, Carbon Co-op are hosting two specialist seminars run by industry professionals on the practicalities of commissioning eco-retrofit works.
Attendees also receive supporting materials and access to an online webinar.
FOR: householders planning an eco-refurbishment or retrofit project who already know the kinds of measures their home requires and are seeking to take forward works. Householders who have had an energy assessment carried and want to commission some of the recommended measures.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY: "For anyone considering retrofitting your house to make it more carbon efficient and environmentally friendly, this is a brilliant workshop. I came away with far greater understanding of the field and inspired by what others are doing. The trainers brought the seminars to life with stories and pictures and also shared their extensive experience." - a previous participant
Together the seminars cover:
- Considering objectives, priorities and getting the best result.
- Looking at options for works and funding
- Balancing time, cost and quality
- Local Authority approvals, consents etc
- What ‘professionals’ are needed and selecting and appointment
- Selecting and appointing builders (including contracts)
- Examining common issues and avoiding them
- Getting the most for the resources available
- Exchanging ideas and energy with like-minded people – & sharing the pain!