Leaders, managers and supporters in Scouting must hold a current first aid qualification at the time of gaining their Wood Badge and at the appointment renewal. However, they are encouraged to keep their qualification up to date at all times. This course is open to all leaders in this group but please ensure you discuss with your training advisor to agree that this training is right for you.
More about the content:
This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge necessary to enable adults to manage an incident and provide basic first aid.
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)
All equipment and materials will be provided as well as refreshments. Please bring a packed lunch with you. Uniform is not required.
By applying online you do not need to complete the official Kent Scouts Application Form.