Actions and Detail Panel
Running Repairs: 2 day course, George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton.
Sat, Sep 23, 2017, 8:30 AM – Sun, Sep 24, 2017, 5:00 PM BST
- Understand the potential causes of running injury and be able to identify them in patients
- Appreciate the importance of injury prevention and our role within it
- Modify training volume, intensity and frequency to suit a client's needs
- Assess running gait and provide re-education where indicated
- Prescribe strength and conditioning programmes with a deeper understanding of how they affect pathology, pain and performance
- Integrate a depth of knowledge to treat tendinopathy, plantar fasciopathy, patellofemoral pain and other conditions commonly seen in runners.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at health professionals that treat runners and running athletes. This includes physiotherapists, sports therapists and other members of the multidisciplinary team. There is a strong focus on training modification, movement analysis and exercise prescription.
If you aren't sure if the course is for you please contact us on the email address above. We'd be happy to chat to you about it in more detail and answer any questions.