Actions and Detail Panel
Running Technique Workshop
Sat 20 May 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
Do you want to run faster, further, with less effort and fewer injuries?
Running is not just a movement we are born with, it's not only about placing one foot in front of the other, but it is a skill.
As any skill, such as dancing, martial arts, skiing and others, running can be learnt, developed and perfected. Thsi requiures practice over a longer period of time. However this workshop will introduce you to the basics of the running skill.
Thus if you are a beginner runner hoping to start out on the right foot, not having to stop to catch your breath so often, and would like to explore and enjoy running, this workshop is for you.
Studying running technique, going through to the basics of how the body functions, will help you to:
- understand where to start and how
- run lighter and smoother - hovering above the ground rather than stomping heavily
- run for as long as you wish - without having to stop every few metres to catch your breath
- enjoy running - feel that runners high
- set a 3 months running plan
Among the elements we will be discussing and practicing we have:
- breathing technique for runners
- optimum pace - to minimize the pressure on joints
- stride length
- posture and body alignment while running
- how you can run with less effort
You will also receive access to an Mp3 recording taking you through all the elements of the running technique so you can practice every time you go out running