Saccade Workshop w/ Andy Skipper
6th of April 2017
10am - 12pm
Andy is a long-time startup CTO having worked with a variety of businesses since 2006, including Made.com, where he was the founding CTO, and Comic Relief, where he helped reshape the digital and IT departments. He now leads a team of consulting CTOs, providing technology leadership and strategy, coaching and mentoring to startups and charities and their technology teams in London and New York.
- What is a junior developer?
- How do they differ from a medium or senior level developer?
- Benefits of having juniors on the team?
- What are soft skills and how do they correspond to what is learnt through commercial experience?
- Why is a junior developer interesting to your company?
- What problems are you trying to solve?
- What are the practical ways to make sure a junior developer is able to provide value quickly?
- Interviewing junior developers, what to look for and test for?