Safe Felling of Trees up to 380mm (LANTRA 2541)
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a worksite
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required
- Assess the trees to be felled for hazards and risks
- Fell trees which have a diameter less than the effective cutting length of a guide bar (guide bar length not greater than 380mm/15”)
- Assess a leaning tree and the safest method of felling
- Make accurate felling cuts in the correct positions
- De-limb felled trees in a safe and methodical manner
- Cross-cut timber accurately to required lengths
- Assess and explain the terms tension and compression in timber
- Adopt safe procedures to remove a trapped guide bar
- Handle and stack timber in a safe manner
- Assess a hung-up tree and the safest method of takedown
- Select and prepare equipment required for safe and effective takedown
- Check on the safety of takedown tools
- Make accurate severing cuts in the correct positions
- Select and use hand tools safely
- Take down hung-up trees to a safe and stable position
- State techniques which must not be used for the takedown of hung-up trees.
You will need good physical and manual dexterity to attend this course. Chainsaws and personal protective equipment (PPE) is mandatory for this training and must be supplied by the trainee. Hire of some items may be possible. Enquire for details.
There will be an extra day required for your assessment, the cost of LANTRA and NPTC registration is included in the fee for this course.