The Safe Sedation Course is aimed at physicians, nurses, physician assistants, operating department practitioners, and other healthcare providers who require sedation specific training or skills beyond their respective core training and educational programs and experience.
Candidates who successfully complete the course, will be able to safely sedate healthy ASA I and II patients for procedures lasting up to 60 minutes. They will also be eligible to attend the Advanced Sedation Practitioner (ASP) course, which covers the use of more complex protocols for longer procedures.
This course is recognised by:
- Royal Society of Medicine (6 CPD Credits)
- Royal College of Physicians (8 CPD Credits)
You will receive:
- Handbook - Covers all theory needed to understand anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and complications of sedation.
- Skills Stations - Patient assessment and preparedness; Airway Management; Capnography; and Safe Sedation Protocol.
- Unique Concepts - SedateMe framework, Safe Sedation Protocols, Rule of 2s and Alertness in Sedated Patients score.
- Training - Lectures and Practice in simulated environment.