Adult Safeguarding is about protecting an adults right to live in safety and free from abuse and neglect. Heatlhcare and social care workers need to know what to do if they are concerned about the wellbeing and safetey of an individual. This is not just about doing the right thing its a legal responsibility.
Through this training we believe that learners will have a clear understanding of their duty in the safeguarding of adults at risk.
The course will explore and discuss:
- The principles of safeguarding adults
- Types of abuse
- Restrictive practice
- how to reduce the likelihood of abuse and protect people
- Safeguarding kegislation and procedures
- Dealing with suspected or reported abuse
- Factors that have featured in adult abuse and neglect
- Promoting dignity and rights
This course is mapped to the following Care Certificate Standards;
Standard 10- Safeguarding Adults
Standard 1- Understand your role (1.2)