Actions and Detail Panel
Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course
Wed 26 April 2017, 18:30 – 21:30 BST
This workshop is aimed at any individual who is involved with coaching, leading or assisting within children’s activities.
It covers topics including good coaching practice, recognising signs of abuse and the correct course of action to take if concerns are raised.
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify good coaching practice to promote a positive relationship with children.
- Identify sport situations and coaching practice that might constitute either poor practice or possible abuse.
- Identify ways of dealing with your own feelings about child abuse and state what constitutes neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and appreciate why reporting it is often so difficult.
- Identify appropriate action if a child discloses he/she has been abused.
- Identify appropriate action if abuse is suspected and explain the role and responsibilities of other experts. (e.g. police, social services)
- Describe appropriate practice that reduces the likelihood of abuse occurring.
Candidates must be aged 16 or over. Those aged 16-18 are recommended to attend the Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop (16-18). Where this is not possible 16-18 year olds can attend this course, but they must be chaperoned by an appropriate adult.
COURSE TIME 6:30-9:30pm.
Unless otherwise specifically stated, this course will be held at:- The Pavillion, Hatherley Road, Cheltenham, GL51 6PN.
Further details, including a room number and directions, will be sent out around a week before the start of the course.