Actions and Detail Panel
Safeguarding Children Training Level 2
Fri 9 June 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 BST
Working with children who are subject to Child Protection Plans
Working with children who are ‘at risk of significant harm’ and have allocated social workers can be complex and demanding. This course looks closely at caring for children who are subject to child protection procedures and focuses on the essential skills required to successfully collaborate and engage with children and their families in an attempt to encourage partnership working and multi-agency decision making. The programme includes an examination of the child protection case conference process (using the strengthening families’ model) and equips delegates with the skills required to actively participate in discussions and planning for children. Learners have an opportunity to explore what makes a good child protection conference report and best practice strategies to be used when working with children who are the subject of Child Protection plans, their families and other agencies that form the team around the child. This course is essential for professionals who have limited experience of attending and contributing to multi agency meetings.
* Have an appreciation of the skills, roles and tasks of other professionals involved in working with children and their families
* Developed their knowledge, skills and the ability to work together on the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm
* Receive an opportunity to meet with colleagues from different agencies to learn together and explore professional dilemmas
* Understand the principles of the “Strengthening Families” model to CP conferences
* Understand the process and practice of the model and the format for the new style conference.
All safeguarding children training courses are interactive and use a variety of training methods eg case studies, dvds, small and large group discussions and exercises to enhance the participants learning experience.
Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance and a comprehensive hand-out
Trainer: Susan Taylor, Tailor Made Solutions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
i) Cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the training course (14 days for Safeguarding training) will be refunded 90% of the original cost of the booking. The remaining 10% will be kept by Croydon Voluntary Action as an administration fee.
ii) Cancellations made within 7 days of the training course (14 days for Safeguarding training) will not be refunded.
iii) If a training course is cancelled by Croydon Voluntary Action, for any reason, a 100% refund will be given to all trainees.
iv) Any offers or deals on Croydon Voluntary Action training courses are subject to change or expiration. In some cases, notice of this will be given but not in all cases. Any changes or updates to terms or conditions will not affect the terms and conditions under which you made your purchase.
v) Any changes made to these terms and conditions may be made without prior notice and at the discretion of Croydon Voluntary Action.