Actions and Detail Panel
Safeguarding for projects working with women in prostitution
Wed 10 May 2017, 11:00 – 16:30 BST
At Beyond the Streets we recommend that Safeguarding training be refreshed annually. This day recap on last year's training but with some added content particularly the workshops in the afternoon will stream line participants according to experience.
Elaine Davidson is our trainer with support from the Beyond the Streets staff. The day aims to raise awareness of the legal responsibilities of safeguarding in charities dealing with vulnerable adults. We aim to apply this information to the contexts of projects that work with those in prostitution. By the end of the day you will have:
1) A greater understanding of Safeguarding legislation and the current updates/changes in legislation
2) Understood the need for Safeguarding and what we can learn from serious failures
3) Looked at steps of becoming an ‘embedded culture’
4) Unpacked the issue of ‘Dealing with Disclosures’, as well as reporting procedures ?
5) Identified the next steps for you and your project/team