San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Aim: To enable trustees of registered charities and directors of unincorporated groups, mutuals and co-operatives to understand and fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities towards children and young people.
Outcomes: By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an enhanced awareness of the safeguarding issues that could emerge in their organisation
- Describe key principles and best practice in terms of their responsibilties to safeguard children and young people involved with their organisation
- Understand the impact of individuals' values and beliefs on safeguarding within the organisation
Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board has endorsed the Safe Network standards and encourages all VCS organisations to undertake the Safe Network Audit as part of their safeguarding practices.
Please note that due to the large numbers of people who do not attend the course following registration, it has been necessary to implement a £50.00 charge for non-attendance.
When & Where
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
Warwickshire CAVA provides the following support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire:
- Funding advice/Support
- Group support/Development
- Community Development
- Strong Representation under COMPACT
- Community Payroll
Warwickshire CAVA supports volunteers within Rugby and Warwick District. Our Volunteer Centres provide the following:
- Volunteering Recruitment and Referrals
- Campaigning and Promotion
- Good Practice in Volunteer Management
- Youth Volunteering
- Transport Projects