Our course is suitable for Designated Safeguarding Leads, their deputies and leaders and governors who oversee the management of safeguarding.
It explores safeguarding in schools, colleges and early years settings based upon the guidance given by the government in Keeping Children Safe in Education and is relevant for people in lead safeguarding roles across all agencies working with children and young people.
Please note that payment can be made via invoice. Within the payments section you can select Pay by Invoice as an alternative to Credit/Debit Card.
All bookings for KeepSafe courses are subject to our Terms and Conditions, including our Cancelation Policy available on our website: www.keepsafe.xyz.
Safeguarding in Education for those with Lead Responsibilities meet the requirements of the Local Safeguarding Children Board and is the equivelent of the old 'spacialist' and 'group 5' courses.
- Provide key knowledge on the statutory requirements on schools and colleges and how to meet those in their establishments.
- Review Ofsted's expectations for safeguarding and what they are looking for to demonstrate to them you are meeting your statutory requirements.
- Understand Herefordshire pathway of intervention with specific regard to HSCB’s Levels of Need and multi-agency referral form to MASH.
- Explore key themes and learning from local and national Serious Case Reviews and how these are relevant to safeguarding in organisations.
- Raise confidence in safeguarding systems to enable learners to deliver introductory safeguarding training to other staff.
Save This Event
When & Where
KeepSafe provides expert strategic safeguarding support to organisations in Herefordshire and the surrounding areas.
With experience teaching in primary schools, providing early help and careers guidance in secondary schools, delivering improvement services to children's services within the local authority and managing the work of the local safeguarding children board, I have a wide range of experience and knowledge to support you in ensuring your organisation is safe for those you work with and compliant with legislation and safeguarding standards.
You can find out more about us and the services we offer at www.keepsafe.xyz.