Safeguarding Training for Clergy
NB- These training sessions are at present only suitable for members of clergy. There are plans for more training sessions to be created for others within the church workforce soon.
Please Note: Completion of the child protection and safeguarding adults e-learning modules is a pre-requisite for attending this course
You will only need to attend one of the multiple events avaliable
(You can choose your preferred date when you click the 'attend event' button.)
This is a half day event starting from 9am Registration (9.15 start)- 1.30pm
- Clergy who have completed the child protection and safeguarding adults e-learning modules
- Youth ministers who have completed the child protection and safeguarding adults e-learning modules
- - Safeguarding basic awareness refresher.
- - Understanding the complexity of working with children, adults with care & support need & the challenges of the church setting.
- - Assessing risk – in relation to working practices and running activities.
- - Exploring the boundaries of information sharing, confidentiality and consent.
- - Good practice in record keeping.
- - Professional boundaries and behaviours.
- - Procedures for responding to allegations against church officers.
Please Note: If you do not cancel your place 48 hours before the training course is due to commence you may be charged a £12 cancellation fee.
The minium amount of particpants for each group will be 12. In cases where there are fewer than 12 participants the Safeguarding team may cancel this event and give notice to all those who maybe affected by this. We aim to cancel as few events as possible.
If you are unable to attend and wish for a colleague to come along instead of you this will need to be confirmed with the safeguarding team.
The course is interactive – expect to participate in a variety of small group exercises.
We are sorry, but this course is not suitable for children or pets.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is not available at the Diocesan Office – there is local pay and display car parking available this is the nearest: http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/waterloo-lane-1
If you have any specific requirements relating to venue accessibility or other additional needs please speak to a member of the safeguarding team ahead of your booking.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Refreshments (tea, coffee, water & biscuits) are provided at the training however lunch is not provided – there are lots of great places to eat just a short walk from the Diocesan Office if you need to get lunch after the training.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you are unable to attend and wish for a colleague to come along instead of you this will need to be confirmed with the safeguarding team 48 hours before the event.
If you have any problems or further queries please contcat the safeguarding team