This workshop will explore:
- What is safeguarding? What does it mean to you as a practitioner, in what ways do you address safeguarding issues?
- Legal obligations that organisations and individuals must fulfil in order to meet the requirements for the protection of children and of At Risk adults.
- Best practice in identification and management of risk and safeguarding issues within counselling & psychotherapy private practice.
- UKATA and Safeguarding
By the end of the day participants will have:
- A greater awareness of legal requirements in relation to safeguarding
- A greater awareness of the role of agencies in safeguarding children and At Risk adults and the prevention of abuse
- A greater knowledge of statutory procedures in child protection
- An understanding of decision-making processes within child protection, including taking emergency action and making referrals to Social Care
- A greater understanding of ensuring effective, professional practice, information-sharing and record-keeping
We will encounter the theory and ethics regarding these issues, using large and small group discussion and facilitated exploration of case studies and examples. The workshop aims to be stimulating and thought provoking and ultimately empowering of the practitioner and client.
Bev Gibbons, CTA, MA (TA Psych) is a highly trained counsellor and TA Psychotherapist, with many years experience of managing a complex service to clients and families with diverse needs in a “deprived area”, alongside clinical work both within the organization and in private practice. She is passionate about ethics and safeguarding, and is currently a key member of the UKATA Safeguarding committee.
When & Where
Physis Training Ltd
Physis Training (Counselling & Psychotherapy) is committed to offering in depth, post graduate counselling and psychotherapy training based firmly in the humanistic and integrative tradition and centred in the core theory of Transactional Analysis.
Physis Training (Counselling & Psychotherapy) provides the highest standards of postgraduate professional training in the fields of counselling and psychotherapy.
Physis Training enables individual trainees to develop their own identity as counsellors and psychotherapists through supporting the integration of skills and knowledge with personal style and previous life experience.
Physis Training is committed to supporting trainees in developing their skills as counsellors and psychotherapists based firmly within the context of a humanistic and integrative approach to psychological wellbeing, and centred in Transactional Analysis as the core theoretical model.