Actions and Detail Panel
Safer London- County Lines, Gangs, and Safeguarding
Tue 13 June 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
This one day session is focused on ensuring participants develop a greater awareness of violence, vulnerability and exploitation linked to groups and gangs.
As a result of the training, you will:
- Have an improved understanding of gangs and serious youth violence
- Identify the reasons young people affiliate with gangs
- Understand the reality of gangs and the media
- Be able to identify at the earliest stages possible whether a young person is involved in gangs and serious violence
- Understand the issues around girls and gangs, including grooming, initiation and sexual exploitation
Throughout the training you will be encouraged and supported to consider how your own practice can best address and support gang affected children and young people. Suitable for professionals and practitioners who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people; from service managers to front line workers.