Actions and Detail Panel
Safer London- Understanding Harmful Sexual Behaviour and Young People
Wed 19 April 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
This one day training facilitated by Safer London is focused on ensuring participants develop a greater awareness of Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB).
As a result of the training, you will:
- Have an improved understanding about children and young people who display HSB
- Identify the reasons young people display HSB
- Understand the impact of HSB from both the victims’ and perpetrators’ perspective
- Be able to identify at the earliest stages possible whether a young person is displaying HSB
- Understand the processes, services and interventions that are in place locally
- Have practical tools and techniques to work with young people who may display HSB
Throughout the training you will be encouraged and supported to consider how your own practice can best address and support children and young people who support HSB. Suitable for professionals and practitioners who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people; from service managers to front line workers.