San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As part of our Safeguarding Children Training Programme, the next Safer Recruitment Training course, will be held on Wednesday 19th October 2016 from 9:30am - 1:00pm at The Royal Berkshire Conference Centre at the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre at the Madejski Stadium.
Following feedback from previous attendees, we have extended the time available for this course.
This course costs just £30 per person, which includes all course materials. Places are limited to 12 people per courses, with a maximum of 2 per organisation.
Please remember that Enhanced Level RCVYS Members can use their discount code to benefit from a 40% discount on this course. For details of all the benefits of becoming an Enhanced Level RCVYS Member, please click here.
All staff or volunteers whose work get them involved in recruitment or selection of workers or volunteers involved with children and young people in whatever circumstances. Attendees must have completed Universal Safeguarding Children Training before attending this course.
Aims & Outcomes:
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting.
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- The scale of the problem.
- What is child abuse?
- Prevention of abuse through recruitment/selection.
- An ongoing safeguarding culture.