Actions and Detail Panel
Safer Recruitment Training
Wed 26 April 2017, 09:30 – 13:00
As part of our Safeguarding Children Training Programme, the next Safer Recruitment Training course, will be held on Wednesday 26th April 2017 from 9:30am – 1:00pm.
Following feedback from previous attendees, we have extended the time available for this course.
This course costs just £32.50 per person, which includes all course materials. Places are limited to 12 people per courses, with a maximum of 2 per organisation.
Please remember that Enhanced Level RCVYS Members can use their discount code to benefit from a 40% discount on this course. For details of all the benefits of becoming an Enhanced Level RCVYS Member, please click here.
All staff or volunteers whose work get them involved in recruitment or selection of workers or volunteers involved with children and young people in whatever circumstances. Attendees must have completed Universal Safeguarding Children Training before attending this course.
Aims & Outcomes:
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consider policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting.
- Help participants begin to review their own and their organisations’ policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- The scale of the problem.
- What is child abuse?
- Prevention of abuse through recruitment/selection.
- An ongoing safeguarding culture.
To access the venue on foot, use the lifts to the Car Park opposite Hugo Boss by the Minster Street entrance, and go to the First Floor. The Management Suite is just on the right before you get to the Holy Brook Car Park.
If you’re unsure where to go, the Information Desk on the Lower Mall by House of Fraser will be able to direct you.
Parking is available in the Holy Brook Car Park.