This one day intensive course demonstrates the extensive features of the BRAND NEW 2016 version of the popular Sage 50 Payroll software. Each participant will have the use of their own computer in order to gain hands-on experience of this powerful software.
All the course material is prepared in-house by qualified chartered accountants. Realistic case studies have been devised in order to make the course as practical as posssible.
"I have had this course with Sage itself two weeks ago but the information, the quality, the presentation and all the course structure was not as good and as useful and also I could say enjoyable as taking the course here at London School of Accountancy" - Tameem who attended the Sage 50 Payroll Module 1 course after having attended the Sage Payroll course at much greater cost at Sage itself.
"I successfully installed the software, sent all the RTI reports and completed my first payroll on Monday. Although the set up was very time consuming, I can safely say that it would not have been possible if I had not done your course." - Unsolicited email received from Samantha who attended the Sage 50 Payroll courses.
Introduction to Payroll
- Explanation of various payroll forms including P11, P45, P46, P35, P9(T), P14, P60, P11D, P32, etc.
- Tax codes and what they mean
- Income Tax Rates and Thresholds
- NIC Rates and Thresholds
- Special NIC rules relating to Company Directors
Introduction to Sage Payroll
- Passwords and housekeeping
- Navigating within Sage Payroll
- Quarterly payment method for small companies
- Implementing change from manual system
- Setting up employees' records
- Setting payment and deduction types
- Setting up departments
Processing the Payroll
- Entering gross salaries
- Entering adjustments including bonuses, staff loans, staff purchases, etc.
- Printing payslips
- Placing employees on hold
- Updating the payroll
- Printing cash and cheque analysis
- Pre and post update reports
- Payroll summary reports
- Departmental analysis
- Printing Form P32, etc.
Starters and Leavers
- Adding new employees to the payroll
- Using the "new employee wizard"
- Preparing P46 forms for new employees
- Operating the Week1/Month1 tax code
- Removing existing employees from the payroll
- Generating P45s for leavers
RTI - Real Time Information
- Payroll changes introduced from April 2013
- How to prepare for RTI