Actions and Detail Panel
SALT - Southern Area Learning Technologists
This is the final Southern Area Learning Technologists meeting of the 2015/16 academic year. (The first meeting for 2016/17 is scheduled for November 11th - please add the date to your diary!)
SALT runs alongside ELESIG (Evaluation of Learners' Experiences of e-learning Special Interest Group). If you would like to learn more about ELESIG, please join our ning group: http://elesig.ning.com/group/elesig-south The people involved with ELESIG are spread right across the South (from Plymouth to Reading), whereas the main locus of this group is Bournemouth/Southampton/Portsmouth.
We aim to host termly meetings within this (approx.) 30 mile radius, although HE and FE attendees from further afield are also welcome to attend. It will mainly be an opportunity for you to share challenges you are encountering in your role so that colleagues can share possible solutions (or commiserate!) as well as showcasing any innovations you've introduced. There are no intentions to hold formal events or write academic papers.
The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 6th July from 14:00 - 16:00 in Building 67 (Nightingale); Room 1011. This building is on University of Southampton's Highfield Campus. Further information and maps can be found here: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/about/visit/getting-to-our-campuses.page On-street parking is available nearby - there is a 2 hour limit.
- Actions from last meeting:
- Artie Vossel-Newman to publicise the group to her JISC contacts (DONE)
- All attendees to encourage colleagues and other interested parties to join the mailing list (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/SALT)
- Adam Warren to disseminate his feedback form that can be completed by academic staff who are trialling a new SRS
- Anyone who is interested in taking part in a collaborative project to get in touch with Adam Warren: email@example.com
- Ask local language school what they are doing for online exams
- Discussion about regional group being set up by ALT
- Learning analytics
- Lecture capture – JISC product
- Use of Opera as a lock down browser?
- Online assignment handling (including large file uploads)
- Plagiarism – use of Turnitin and similar products
- Next meeting 11/11/16 14:00-16:00 – would Solent be willing to host this event?
If you have any topics that you would like to add to the agenda, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know.
Please encourage colleagues from your institution and others in this area to sign up to the mailing list and to attend our meeting. (To sign up to the mailing list visit www.jiscmail.ac.uk/SALT and follow the link 'Subscribe or Unsubscribe').
If you are unable to attend in person, we will be running an Adobe Connect webinar so you can attend virtually. To join the meeting point your web browser at https://connect.soton.ac.uk/iliad/
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before, please test your connection and setup in advance: https://connect.soton.ac.uk/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
There are also Adobe Connect apps for iOS and Android devices: