Actions and Detail Panel
Sample Design & Estimation (Business) (Level 2) NPT
Wed 15 February 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
THIS IS AN ONS EVENT ONLY
- To explore more complex aspects of sampling and estimation that are particularly applicable to business (or establishment) surveys.
By the end of the course, through practical application of the methods participants will understand:
- the principles and concepts behind sampling and estimation used within Official Statistics
- when to use different sampling strategies, with particular emphasis on stratification
- how sample data can be used to estimate parameters of interest, with emphasis on estimation methods that make best use of other available information
- how to assess the quality of sample estimates, including the impact of the sample design and estimator
Duration: 1 day
Prerequisites: Level 2 – A degree in Mathematics or Statistics, or a good working knowledge of the subject.