Aim of the workshop
To enable health professionals to develop the knowledge, insight and skills to provide high quality, sensitive care to parents who experience the death of a baby, before, during or shortly after birth.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify the unique impact of grief in relation to pregnancy loss and the death of a baby for parents and their families.
- Identify, develop and use techniques to deliver bad news and communicate sensitively and effectively with bereaved parents.
- Enable bereaved parents to make informed choices about the memories they create with their baby and what happens to their baby’s body.
- Recognise the impact of pregnancy loss and the death of a baby on health professionals and be able to access available support.
- Recognise the importance of on-going support for bereaved parents and the potential impact of their loss on all subsequent pregnancies.
About the workshop
Each workshop is run by a skilled facilitator who uses film, audio clips, presentation, discussion, reflection and group exercises to enable participants to develop the knowledge, insight and skills to provide high quality, sensitive care to parents whose baby dies, either before, during or shortly after birth.
For more information on our training for professionals, please click here.
Registration starts at 9:00 and the workshop begins at 9:30
Feedback from previous workshop participants
‘Excellent and well presented. Will take back use the knowledge learned and encourage my fellow colleagues to attend this session.’ Midwife, Kings College Hospital 12th June 2014
‘This course has done wonders to alleviate my fears around stillbirth and neonatal death.’ 3rd Year Student Midwife, Canterbury Christ Church University 23rd May 2014
- The course has limited availability, so please book early to avoid disappointment
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided to all participants. If you have any dietary requirements please contact us beforehand on the email below
- Student Midwives please bring your Student ID along with you to the training day
Course fees are not refundable for cancellations within 14 days of the workshop. If you have to cancel more than 14 days in advance, we will refund your booking fee OR give you a place on a future course.You may nominate another person to take your place.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further assistance