Actions and Detail Panel
Santa Trips (Saturday 3rd December)
Sat 3 December 2016, 16:00 – 17:15 GMT
Ho ho ho!
Santa Claus and his band of merry elves are back in the grotto at HNA this year, and are hoping to see lots of good boys and girls to give them a present! Good children, and their parents, can catch the Santa Canal Trip, and take in a cruise up the canal in our heated boats, calling in at Santa's canal-side grotto on the way back to see if he got anything for them.
This very popular events is back again by demand, and will see us running trips throughout the day from the Coy Carp public house in Harefield. As usual, we'll be serving tea, coffee, squash and mince pies during the trip, and calling into the grotto where we'll wake up Santa, one family at a time, and see what he's got.
Age range: this trip is suitable for children aged from 3 - 12 years. Children under 3 probably won't appreciate the experience, so we don't charge for them, nor ask Santa to give them a gift. Children over 12 probably don't believe in Santa any more although they are of course still welcome (maybe we can convince them...) and they'll recieve a gift suitable for around a 12 year old.
Included in the ticket price is:
- Hot and cold drinks with mince pies on board.
- HNA's trained staff greeting you at the boarding point, steering and looking after you during the trip, and taking you to see Santa.
- A good quality toy, suitable for the age and gender of each child.
- A digitally-printed and framed photograph with your family and Santa in the grotto.
Trips will last around 1h15m as this allows plenty of time to spend with Santa.
These events are always popular, and we recommend booking early, as we sold out on several days in 2015. If you haven't already done so, please have a read of our Santa Trips 2016 Information Page.
- The administrative overheard in re-arranging bookings is significant, and tickets, once booked, are non-refundable and non-changeable, although you can, of course, give them to someone else to attend in your place if you're unable to make it.
- You need to be at the boarding point ready to depart at your ticketed time. If you miss the departure, you forfeit your trip, although we will try - without any guarantee whatsoever - to get you onto the next boat with available space, but this is likely to result, at best, in a considerable wait. If there are no other boats with space, or you're unwilling to wait, you will be considered to have forfeited your trip.
- Boats are limited to 12 passengers. Babies (ie: upto 36 months) are counted, but are not charged for, nor will they receive a gift, although they get to see Santa and, of course, included in the family photo. Babies are limited to two per boat for safety reasons.
- To both ensure we have the right gift for your child, and to comply with passenger manifest requirements under the Small Passenger Boat Code, you are required to provide us with the child's first name, gender and age-range.