PLEASE COME ALONG TO THIS PROTEST TO SHOW YOUR OPPOSITION TO THESE CRUEL AND DANGEROUS PROPOSALS
We, the people of Poole, want Poole Hospital A&E, Maternity, Cancer Unit, Children’s Unit and Wards etc. to stay open.
After asking to meet our MP regarding the threats to Poole Hospital Robert Syms MP has not agreed to meet us and as yet has failed to announce publicly that he will Campaign against the threats to the A&E and other Departments
The public have overwhelmingly rejected these plans and we will not stop campaigning and protesting to stop the closures or re-categorisation until the plans and Robert Syms MP has stopped them
Why is this important?
- Our A&E and Maternity units at Poole Hospital are essential for local people. The road networks between Poole and Bournemouth are dismal and travel times are very unpredictable, particularly during the summer season. This means that the proposal for closure of these essential departments is extremely worrying.
- Local A&E staff, paramedics, doctors, midwives and police all have deep concerns about these departments being closed or relocated since longer journey times can put lives at risk.
- Poole Maternity unit currently caters for mums from a wide geographical area and travelling to the proposed new site in Bournemouth would be time consuming for pregnant women and their families which could potentially result in delays in treatment and care. Poole Hospital needs to keep its successful maternity service so it can continue to provide safe and effective care to the community.
- Other departments within Poole Hospital will also be put at risk if the A&E unit closes including Paediatric and Neo-Natal care - this is appalling for local people.
- A&E and Maternity units are vital services for patients why should people in Poole be put at risk by poorly thought through and misguided cost-cutting like this?
PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS.