San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Call for nominations to attend a high-impact course which will stimulate economic growth through scale-ups in your local area, 17th-19th May 2016 Birmingham
This is an invitation from the Scale-Up Institute to apply to join a very special training course designed to help you deliver economic growth in your Local Enterprise Partnership area.
The programme will consist of interactive lectures, exercises, case discussions, and participant application groups and presentations.
The UK inaugural programme will be delivered by Professor Daniel Isenberg, of Babson College, who is one of the world’s leading authorities on entrepreneurship ecosystems and is a pioneer in developing practical methodologies for fostering entrepreneurship ecosystems leading to successful economic growth. The Institute is delighted to be delivering this in partnership with the Goldman Sachs Foundation and 10,000 Small Businesses UK.
Participants on the programme will be able to:
- understand the concepts and principles of local and national entrepreneurship ecosystems and their relationship to national economic growth
- inform and align participants in a collaborative process around what it takes for a business ecosystem to encourage a greater number of companies to achieve high growth businesses
- teach a high-impact concept of entrepreneurship tied to economic growtn, regardless of business age, location or sector
- understand the concepts and principles, and provide concrete examples, of how entrepreneurship ecosystems can be accelerated in a way that is self-sustaining
- provide the participants with the tools and setting to develop an action plan for launching independent regional Scale-Up projects
- measure and demonstrate the impact of focussed Scale-Up projects and to create a long-term sustainable local and regional UK scale-up environment
- ensure that entrepreneurship ecosystems are supportive of high growth businesses, enabling the increase of ‘scale-ups’ by number and size.
The Scale-Up Institute will notify you by noon on the 4th of April if you are successful in your application to join this first cohort. In the event of over-subscription, we may require you to attend a phone interview on the 5th of April between 15.30 and 18.00 hours.