This event available at no extra cost to schools that subscribe to the Exceed Teaching Schools Alliance, Bradford Governor Training and Development Service Level Agreement (SLA) for April 2016-March 2017. Schools wishing to attend this event but do not subscribe to the SLA can attend by purchasing a place via this booking page.
- To clarify the purpose of conducting focused classroom visits as part of the Governing Body’s monitoring role.
- To differentiate between focused classroom visits and lesson observation and why the latter are not part of the Governing Body’s role.
- To provide Governors with high quality resources for introducing a Governors’ Classroom Visits Policy through consultation with leaders and staff.
- To provide Governors with a virtual experience of conducting a classroom visits, identifying what they should and should not comment on.
- To explore how such visits can be recorded and reported effectively.
- To share how Bradford schools are implementing these new ways of working.