Actions and Detail Panel
School business management conference 2017
Tue 20 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
The School business management conference aims to:
- Help school business managers own their profession and feel empowered in their role
- Allow SBMs to network with their colleagues and build their support network
- Provide SBMs with role-specific CPD training and to develop their leadership skills
Last year's launch event led 92% of delegates to say it met the objectives, and that 88% would recommend the conference to a colleague. This year's conference features three workshop sessions and keynote speakers David Laws, Valentine Mulholland and Russell Hobby.
08:15 Registration and Exhibition viewing
09:15 Conference Welcome - Nicky Gillhespy
- Keynote speaker - Russell Hobby
- Keynote speaker - David Laws
- Workshop session 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Keynote speaker - Valentine Mulholland
16:15 Conference closes
We are offering eight workshops on the day from which you can pick three, you can click on the workshop title for more information
- The centralising of school services - Graeme Hornsby
- Exploring joining or forming a multi-academy trust - the role of the SBM - Philippa Ollerhead
- Blowing your own trumpet: demonstrating your impact and promoting the SBM role with confidence - Justine Berkley and Matthew Clements-Wheeler
- An overview of the Local Government Pension Scheme - Mike Beard
- Introductory workshop mindfulness: promoting wellbeing - Dr Rachel Chin
- Understanding the apprenticeship levy and how to try to mitigate the impact - Valentine Mulholland (please note this workshop is only running once)
- School Business Management issues for special schools - Valentine Mulholland and Lesley Osborne (please note this workshop is only running once)
- The art of grant writing - Ryan Green (please note this workshop is only running once)
There will be a drinks reception on the evening of Monday 19 June from 19:30pm in Bacchus Bar, Birmingham, which is free to attend for all conference delegates and sponsored by Zenergi. If you would like to attend this, please book your place on the booking form.
How can I book accommodation?
On Monday, 19th June, we have a limited number of rooms available at the Staybridge Suites (located 2 mins walk from the venue) at the preferential rate of £95.00 B&B, via our booking agency. To book and pay for these rooms, please phone Executive Status on 01625 446288. Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on email@example.com that the conference will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the conference if insufficient bookings are received. This programme may be subject to change.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter their membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to email@example.com before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.