School financial health will be one of the most important objectives in the immediate future as budgets are constrained and costs rise above proposed increases in income. All schools, whether academies, community schools, VA or VC schools will need to secure the maximum efficiencies possible to make ends meet. NAHT’s Breaking Point Report and its response to the new Schools’ Efficiency Toolkit underline the importance of evaluating the need to find efficiencies in the medium term.
On this course, you will learn to
- identify critical factors to seek your sound financial health and efficiency and examine the key components of the Schools’ financial health and efficiency collection
- consider the Schools Efficiency Metric tool, the information it provides and the potential impact on schools
- return to school able to evaluate and challenge the school’s benchmarking scorecard and assess its adequacy as a valid benchmarking document
- explore a strategic process for linking school development plan priorities to budget planning allocations and efficiencies
- consider effective challenges to secure cost efficiencies
- identify in advance when pupil numbers become a financial threat
Our experienced facilitator will provide additional tips, techniques and specially designed templates to help schools implement good financial health processes and challenge inappropriate assertions in Benchmarking Scorecards and VfM metric tools prepared for schools by the DfE.
Course facilitator: Larraine Cooper
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on email@example.com or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.