For anyone actively involved in the SFVS self-assessment process, the course helps participants understand the wider process, explores a plan of attack and provides quick tips for good relationships with internal auditors and a successful outcome to the SFVS process. By the end of the day, you will:
- understand the key requirements of SFVS and the role the Department expects governors to play in its implementation
- examine pertinent support documents within the Standard and be aware of how to access other support guidance documents
- prepare an action plan to facilitate the delivery of a successful local authority financial assessment and audit
- explore ways of completing this important self-assessment effectively and efficiently
- empower participants to work positively with local authority internal auditors and integrate SFVS requirements with those of their internal audit team
Data sticks with the key documents on will be provided, so bring a laptop with you to make the most of the day.
Course facilitator: Larraine Cooper
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on email@example.com or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.