Actions and Detail Panel
Science Careers Question Time
Tue 9 May 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 BST
- Interested in careers in science, innovation, engineering or the humanities and social sciences, or the wide range of related careers including teaching, policy and journalism?
- Working in policy or an active researcher with an interest in the changing policy landscape, including the Government’s upcoming Industrial Strategy?
- Concerned about the impact on science careers of Brexit, immigration or the economy?
- In a science or engineering career and thinking of a career move, or returning to work after a career break?
- Interested in diversity, equal opportunities or work-life balance in science careers?
Come along to ask questions, offer views or listen to the debate. Our panel has a wide range of interests and expertise in science careers and is ready to take questions from the audience. Panel members have no advanced notice of the questions or which way the debate will go!
Graeme Reid (Chair), Professor of Science and Research Policy, UCL
Anne-Marie Coriat, Head of Research Careers, Wellcome Trust
Carolin Kaltofen, Research Associate, Department for Science, Technology, Engineering and Public Policy, UCL
Benita Mehra, President of the Women’s Engineering Society
Becky Parker, Director of the Institute for Research in Schools
Robert Sorrell, Vice President for Research & Innovation, BP
Doors open at 18:15, and the event will be followed by a drinks reception from 20:00.
Tickets are strictly limited, so book your place now, and submit your questions to the panel in advance
Keep up with the event on Twitter using #SCQT17